These yummy #pancakes are the best blood sugar balancing #breakfast or #brunch. Eating a #highprotein meal keeps your #bloodsugars steady so they dont crash afterwards like they can sometimes with a carb heavy meal.
They are also super satiating since the protein keeps you full for longer in between meals. Protein is our most satiating macro and if you are #plantbased especially you may find that you are more carb heavy and protein light so this is a fab way of boosting your #protein macros.
These #proteinpancakes can be made very simply in approx 15 minutes with only 5 ingredients. If you're feeling adventurous they can be jazzed up & made colourful by adding different #superfoods/flavours or toppings and can be made #vegan or #veggie.
PREPARATION TIME: 10 minutes
COOKING TIME: 10 minutes
· 1tbsp freshly ground flax seeds
· 1 egg or 1 flax egg (1tbsp ground flax + 2.5tbsp water, mix well & leave for 5 mins till it thickens)
· 2 scoops Nuzest Protein Powder Vanilla flavour (can use other flavours for variety but vanilla is yummy and works with everything)
· Drop vanilla essence
· 1 mashed up banana
· Coconut oil for frying
· Dash of plantbased milk if the mixture is too thick
Optional additions: 1 teaspoon ceylon cinnamon (ceylon brand is best for blood sugar balancing), 1 tbsp raw cacao powder, 1 tsp blue spirulina powder, 1 tsp pink pataya powder - you can make colourful combos using different superfoods. Can add blueberries into the mix too.
Toppings: anything you like basically, you can get creative, any fruit is yummy, I like berries or cacao nibs, coconut flakes, bee pollen, cinnamon, anything with a crunch is fab. Almond butter is great too or melted chocolate or coconut yoghurt.
· Mash up the banana with a fork
· Add in all the other ingredients: protein powder, egg or flax egg, ground flax, vanilla essence & mix well.
· Pour out some of the batter into pancake shapes & fry in a non-stick frying pan for 2-3 minutes on each side and then flip. Make sure frying pan is hot (but not too hot as it burns).
· Then serve with any toppings you like! I love sprinkling cinnamon in between each stack.
Blue spirulina pancakes - dont you just love that blue?
Pink pataya pancakes, one of my fave colours!
Blueberry cacao cinnamon flavour - full of antioxidant goodness
Pomegranate cinnamon coconut yoghurt
Nuzest my fave and yummiest #veganprotein powder
www.nuzest.co.uk/healthymays for 15% off added to check out automatically.
Suryaprana Nutrition - amazing organic ceylon #cinnamon plus #turmeric and yummy #teas too. Use healthymays20 for 20% off their website: www.suryaprananutrition.co.uk/
Kiki Health for my fave green powder (containing spirulina, wheatgrass, chlorella and enzymes - Natures Living Superfood - use healthymays on their website for 15% off